About Me

"Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. " (Dave Barry, American writer and humourist)

Monday 23 July 2012

Less is More Week 77 - Sewing

I have to agree with Mandi at Less is More this week; "Can't sew, won't sew," that's my sentiments exactly when it comes to the dreaded needle and thread! Ever since my primary school teacher made me undo ALL the stitching on a stuffed teddy bear I was soooo proud of making, saying that the stitching was ugly and I could 'do better' :(  Funny how certain things from your childhood stay with you for 30 odd years eh?!
Having said that, suprisingly, from concept to fruition, my entry for this weeks LIM challenge took no time at all. I think this will be a good design to use when I need a 'quick card' in the near future.
Enjoy the sunshine whilst it's here!!

Paper: Wild Rose Studio "Butterfly Garden"
Die: Joy Crafts Butterfly
Ink: DI Brushed Courdroy
Stamp: Craftworkcards Sentiments



6 comments:

Susan said...

Wow...this is so pretty. love the design of this!

The-crafty-corner said...

Hello there- What a pretty card-i love your colours(and glad to see another member of the "can't so won't sew club" (like me!)taking part tee hee :)

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous, what a pretty paper you used and your sewing is ace!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More

GinaA said...

Super stitching and love the cut out butterfly. Your background paper is FAB.

Kathyk said...

Can't sew, won't sew? You've proved that Less really IS more when it comes to sewing too! Fab card

Kathyk

Laura said...

Mean teacher!! It's a lovely card and your stitching is beautiful.
Laura
x