About Me

"Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. " (Dave Barry, American writer and humourist)

Friday 11 May 2012

Less is More - Week 66 Yellow No.2

Two entries from me for Less is More's challenge this week - get me!
This one is probably more in line with the CAS terms than the first. I stamped a flower stamp from the lovely Craftwork Cards set repeatedly in a line then coloured with Promarkers. I pinched one of Chrissie's techniques using an embossed line edge to mount the stamped strip onto in yellow pearl card. I didn't have any yellow ribbon so experimented colouring some ivory stain ribbon from my stash.


Cardstock: White linen, yellow pearl
Stamps: Craftwork Cards 'Graceful Grasses and Birds',
Paula Pascual by Personal Impressions sentiment
Ribbon: Ivory satin ribbon coloured with chalk

My first attempt at colouring with Promarkers worked well, but once it had dried the ribbon went as stiff as a board! My second attempt, using a dye-based ink, again worked but I couldn't get the ribbon to adhere no matter what adhesive I tried!! Third time lucky - I applied chalk with a cotton wool ball; a bit messier but achieved the required result - try, try try again and all that!!

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

This second one is simply lovely too Caggy!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"