About Me

"Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. " (Dave Barry, American writer and humourist)

Friday 23 March 2012

Less Is More - Week 59 Masking

This time tomorrow I will be back home stroking all the lovely crafty things I'm planning on purchasing at the Hobbycraft show at the NEC! Fortunately, living in Birminhgam, the NEC is just a short hop away on the motorway for me - less than half an hour. I've chatted to ladies at shows before who have travelled miles and spent a small fortune just to get there.  I don't think I could ever be a country bumpkin, I'd miss the convenience of surburbia far too much! Last Friday I took my 8 year old daughter to see JLS at the LG Arena, then Daddy took our 4 year old to the NIA on the Saturday to see Disney on Ice, then back to the NEC for me tomorrow for a full day of craft shopping!
Anyway, the challenge over at Less is More this week is masking. I must confess, after watching the very talented Barbara Gray making brayering look sooooo easy, I more or less demanded a brayer for Christmas from my other half! Unfortunately, I've had very little success with it and it's only been out the box twice - ooops.  So the sunset (or sunrise?!) on this card was done with distress inks and a blending tool. The masking technique I used was the old favourite "circle punched post-it note for the sun" technique. I also tore some copier paper to mask the sky whilst inking in the landscape. I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, what do you think?

Papers: First Edition 'Desert Blooms'
Stamps: Inkyliscious 'The Coppice' and  'Take Flight - Birds'
Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Brushed Courdroy and Mustard Seed Distress Inks,
Memento Rich Cocoa
Sentiment: Paula Pascual Double Sayings by Personal Impressions

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Just stunning Caggy! I'm so jealous you're attending the hobbycraft show - you must share pictures of all the goodies you pick up tomorrow - have fun! :) x

Scrapmate said...

Love the colours on this.

kingstonmama said...

This is lovely. Beautiful colors and a gorgeous scene. Ann Y.